Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Signs of the Zodiac




Seeing as how my birthday was a couple days ago, I was inspired to do a astrological prompt.

Pick a random day on the calendar. Look up the astrological characteristics for a person born on that day. Now, create a villain based on those characteristics.

For example: Say you picked today. That would make your villain a Cancer. Cancers are highly emotional, they're very strong-willed, and are usually night owls. This could be fun for a villain. A Cancer villain would have very deep motives, stemming from a past hurt or betrayal. This could either be a villain that the player would sympathize with, or one that would scare the player half to death.

If I were a villain, I think I'd be closer to the second one.

3 comments:

  1. An interesting way to get started. I must admit I've done a similar thing with tarot cards when wanting a writing prompt and it usually works out quite well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmm sounds interesting. I've never thought of using tarot cards in that manner.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You know this is a very interesting and useful method of getting started with character development. Back in my theatre days I wrote a few one act plays. I came across a book by Linda Goodman's Love Signs. Regardless if you believe in astrology or not its a good resource for brainstorming. It gives characteristics of different personalities between the different zodiac signs. Sagittarius & Cancers, Virgos and Leos etc. and how they would interact & compatibility.

    The book is a bit on the cheesy side but its a resource I still use when working on screenplays.

    Mr. Sifuentes
    elgatonegro13@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete