Thursday, July 29, 2010

Poll: New Systems


I know this is a writing site, but I'm just curious to how you all feel about the new interactive consoles.

If you've ever met me, you'll know I don't like them. I don't even really like the Wii still. I don't feel like waving my arms around to play a game. I want to lay back with a huge bag of M'Ms. Vitual reality is what arcades are for.

My problem with Kinect and Move is that they are 1, not new ideas; and 2, not targeted at their main demographic. How about instead of copying Nintendo's ideas you come up with something fun and exciting for the proper demographic?

PS3 and XBox are mainly for hardcore gamers. There are a few casual gamers within the mix, but ultimately casual gamers (to which motion sensor junk appeals) aren't going to spend that extra cash on something the Wii can do. And from what I hear, what the Wii can do BETTER.

And with as tacky as game writing is on the Wii, I fear for the writing about to reveal itself. Not that I don't mind some fun casual writing (I mean, check out my reviews. I'm not as hardcore as I think I am.) but at the same time, I think the writing element is just going to get lazy.

What do you guys think? Besides your view on the console themselves, how do you think the writing will be affected?

1 comment:

  1. I think it's another reason why the 360 and PS3 should've implemented motion controls. Look at the wii. Most of the games either don't have a decent story or they're just minigames. Ps3 and 360 is just the exact opposite. To be honest, I have a 360 and not a ps3, and I still think the MOVE will do better. Not only because of the better price, but it is more responsive, which will lead to better titles.

    ReplyDelete